Friday 22 July 2011

A winning duo : pear and camembert toast (EN)


I've been harassing Hsiung for one or two months since I wanted an interview for my blog. Though he is pretty busy and forgot to take pictures at his last Wine and Tapas party (haha, remember to never drink alcohol!), he sent me this incredibly simple and tasty recipe.
Seems like something I would like to eat right now.
Yes, actually those pictures make me want to jump into my kitchen and make one of this delicious toast. Or even make me regret the principle of a long distance interview...

Stay tuned as he's also promised me a meat recipe very soon!


Ingredients for two people
1 bosc pear (ripe and soft)
1-2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon butter
sour dough with olives (otherwise just normal sour dough)
Brie cheese

Cut the pear into 12 segments, then using the knife and run it along the back to remove the skin. Put the pear into a hot pan with butter.  Cook on high heat until brown.

Cut the sour dough bread and put it in the grill and toast both sides

Back to the pear, turn over the pears and let the otherside brown as well. Then sprinkle the brown sugar on top and add the small amount of water. Now cut the brie into slices and put them on top of the bread and put it back into the grill to let it just melt slightly.

When the pear is nicely coated with caramel liquid remove from heat then place on top of the melted brie toast.

Humm, let's try, no?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...