Monday 12 September 2011

Incredible chocolate beetroot brownie (EN)


What?!
I know…
No I am not mad.
No I didn’t download the picture of my unwashed dish by mistake.
And yes, vegetables and chocolate can rock together sometimes! If you are already convinced, try also the carrot cake.

But I confess I owe you some explanation. Beetroot in a chocolate cake?
Willing to eat more veggies but unable to resist a sweet treat, I decided to give a try to this strange combination. I used here beetroots to replace butter ( the same than I did with stewed appels in this recipe).
What about the result? The picture speaks by itself : I didn’t even have the time to take a picture of the cake before it was finished. This is actually a rich and velvety version, and a tad lighter than a traditional, fudgy brownie.
No one would guess that there was beetroot in this brownie. Give it a try and tell me what you thought about it!

Ingredients (for 6 people)

250g blended cooked beetroot
200g dark chocolate
100g raw sugar
50g flour
100g walnuts and hazelnuts
3 eggs
1 pinch of salt
optional : one generous spoon of cream

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.

Melt chocolate in the microwave or in a saucepan.

Blend the beetroots until smooth.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale, light and fluffy. Sift in the flour and chocolate. Add the beetroots and the nuts and mix together.

Pour into a greased dish. Bake for 20 minutes. A skewer should come out sticky.

Allow to cool in the tin. You can also serve it with a light custard sauce.

Thanks to the beetroot, you can store the cake up to one week, it will remain moist and fudgy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Popporopop!!! Ca c'est de la recette!!

Anonymous said...

MIAM! extra! delicious! thanks for the recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...